Welcome to Koolau Animal Hospital! Conveniently located on Kamehameha Highway in Kaneohe, Koolau Animal Hospital has been providing compassionate veterinary care for dogs and cats for over 30 years.
We understand your pets are a part of your family and our team is dedicated to treating your pet like one of our own. We offer a variety of wellness and preventative care services for your puppies, kittens, adults, and senior pets.
Our other services include:
- Urgent Care
New to town? Visit us for more information for preventive health measures to ensure a long and happy life for your four-legged family member in Hawai'i.
For more information, please contact us at:(808) 247-3211
PROCEDURES AND SERVICES
Caring for your pet is our top priority. We provide the most advanced techniques to ensure your pet is comfortable during all procedures. We offer annual or semi-annual wellness exams, pediatric exams, senior exams and urgent care exams.
- Our wellness exams include: vaccines, heartworm testing, testing for feline aids and feline leukemia (if applicable).
- Senior exams include wellness exam procedures and bloodwork panels to ensure liver, kidney, thyroid and other bodily functions remain normal
- For our sick pets, we take same-day appointments and have the ability to perform bloodwork and x-rays if necessary.
SPAYING AND NEUTERING
Thinking of spaying or neutering your pet? Koolau Animal Hospital can help you and your pet through this important procedure with minimal distress.
Spaying and neutering has multiple benefits including:
- Preventing unwanted pregnancy
- Helping to reduce pet over- population and stray animal issues in our community
- Reduce or eliminate the risk of certain types of cancers and infection.
Call us today to schedule an appointment at Koolau Animal Hospital to have your pet spayed or neutered.
Your pets dental health is important to us!
Our doctors evaluate your pet’s oral hygiene at every visit. Good oral hygiene is key to keeping your pet healthy and helps reduce the risk of potential health concerns including heart and kidney disease.
Brushing your pet’s teeth, giving dental enzyme chews, using anti-bacterial mouth rinses, and feeding your pet a dental diet are great ways to maintain good oral care.
Along with these preventative measure, we also recommend annual dental cleanings to ensure your pet's oral hygiene is in top shape. Our non-invasive, out-patient procedure will restore your pet’s teeth and help prevent future build up of plaque by smoothing teeth surfaces. Your pet is able to go home the same day with fresh breath, and a sparkling smile.